Our history

Location history

Local favorite since the 1940s

Welcome to Plainfield’s oldest bar where time-worn walls should be enough to make your trip worthwhile. A downtown welcoming destination of choice for many generations of local family and friends.

Located in downtown Plainfield’s Historic District, Uptown Tap & Eatery was originally two separate buildings. The original Uptown Tap & Eatery building was built in 1865 and was one of the few buildings that survived the 1898 Plainfield fire. The building housed a bakery, then it was home to Plainfield Liquor from 1948-1983.

In the 1900s, the building next door belonged to the Selfridge Meat Market and later it was home to the Kuehmann Potato Chips. In the 1970s the building was home to mayor Rock’s Carry-out Snack Bar. In the mid 1980s both buildings were combined to create the current Uptown Tap & Eatery, a place where delicious American food, classic drinks with a twist and live music always flow together.

The Owners

Always owned and loved by locals

Uptown Tap & Eatery is part of DC Hospitality Group, a team of local Plainfield residents and restauranteurs comprised by Dean Kollintzas, Christina Kollintzas Pavlis and David Barriball.

Upcoming events

social_facebook social_instagram